Shop by Winery/Brewery:







Online Payments


  Home > Wines By Country / Region > Import >

Villa Maria Estate Taylors Pass Pinot Noir 2013 (Awatere Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand) - [RP 91]
Villa Maria Estate Taylors Pass Pinot Noir 2013 (Marlborough, New Zealand) - [RP 91]


 
Retail Price: $65.00
Artisan Wine Depot Price: $54.97
You save $10.03!
Winery: Villa Maria Estate
Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Awatere Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand
Vintage: 2013
Bottle Size: 750 ml

Product Code: VILLAMARIATAYLORSPINOT13-W
Qty:

 
6-PACK PRICE = $49.97 per bottle (add 6+ quantity to your basket)
CASE PRICE = $44.99 per bottle (add 12+ quantity to your basket)

Notes from the Winemaker:
This 2013 Taylors Pass Pinot Noir shows an intense bouquet of dried herbs, florals and dark ripe cherries. The palate displays layers of dark berry fruits, forest floor brambles and dried herbs such as rosemary and thyme. This elegant, yet powerful wine is balanced with subtle acidity and sleek textured tannins.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS
Perfect paired with meats such as turkey, lamb or duck, or match with salad course of beetroot, fennel and feta.

VINEYARD & WINEMAKING
This Pinot Noir is a single vineyard expression of the Taylors Pass site, on the northern bank of the Awatere River. The fruit for this wine originates from stony silty loam soil which contributes the intense perfumed aromatics and complex textures in this wine.

The 2013 vintage was warm and dry, although quite mild temperatures throughout the summer months resulting in pronounced ripe black cherry fruit flavours and perfectly ripe tannins. The wine is made with true respect for the fruit, which is hand harvested, chilled overnight and processed gently through the winery, with maturation in French oak barriques resulting in a silky refined and layered Marlborough Pinot Noir.

MATURATION : 14 months in 30% new french oak barriques utilsing a variety of coopers and toasting levels, the remaining 70% is aged in seasoned oak barriques

VINEYARD: Taylors Pass, Awatere Valley, Marlborough
VARIETIES: 100% Pinot Noir , various clones
pH: 3.65
TOTAL ACIDITY: 5.7g/L
RESIDUAL SUGAR: Nil
ALCOHOL: 14.0%


Ratings & Reviews
91 Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate:
"Medium ruby-purple in color, the 2013 Single Vineyard Taylors Pass Pinot Noir has an expressive nose of red currants, cranberries and mulberries with touches of dried herbs, menthol, earth and underbrush. The medium-bodied palate offers a good backbone of grainy tannins and refreshing acid, supporting the intense red berry flavors, finishing long and earthy." - Lisa Perrotti-Brown (30th Dec 2016)

89 Points - Wine Spectator Magazine:
"Wild raspberry flavors have pretty earth and herb accents, with a framework of supple tannins and accents of smoky tea, cedar, dried lavender and plum preserves. Elegant but still powerful. Drink now through 2030. 200 cases imported." – MW (Web Only - 2015)


Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... Be the first to write a review

Browse for more products in the same category as this item:

Wines By Country / Region > Import
Wines By Country / Region > Import > New Zealand
New Releases & Pre-Arrivals
Shop by Wine Type & Varietal > Popular Red Varietals
Shop by Wine Type & Varietal > Popular Red Varietals > Pinot Noir / Pinot Nero
Shop by Wine Type & Varietal > Shop All Red Wines
Wines By Country / Region